Welcome to North Shore bridge club! With over 1700 members we are one of the largest bridge clubs in Australia. The club was formed in early 2007 through a merger of 3 Sydney clubs: Lindfield, Willoughby and Cove bridge clubs. Here you can find a wealth of information about our club, including its facilities, members, history etc. Feel free to browse and comment, and, most importantly, why not visit us in person and have a game of bridge? You can provide your feedback by sending a message to our club's Manager via the contact form.
The club is NOT privately owned or run for profit. It is run by a full time bridge manager and an annually elected honorary committee, which is assisted by sub committees and volunteer helpers in various capacities. Our Bridge Manager, Mike Prescott, is always available for additional information and our fine team of over 20 directors and 5 teachers offer a comprehensive programme for all standards of play. This includes courses of lessons for beginners, supervised play, back to basics and workshop courses throughout the year. Naturally we have straight duplicate sessions (usually one per day and per night), a Championship night, congresses, social bridge and fun events, prize money and trophies, and our main event of the year - previously our Super Congress (3 days) and from 2018 a full week Bridge Festival. ABF Master points are allocated for nearly all sessions.
We currently run daily bridge sessions at both our Club Willoughby (CW) and East Lindfield (EL) Venues.
- At the Club Willougby venue we play multiple bridge sessions 7 days a week (over 20 sessions; often morning, afternoon & evening sessions each day); catering for beginners, novice, intermediate and strong bridge players. Our Admin office is also at CW.
- At East Lindfield we play mostly daytime bridge sessions 6 Days a week (8 Sessions + Tuesday evening).
- We actively run structured Beginners Lessons at both our CW & EL Venues (6 week duration); repeated several times each year. These lead new players into our Supervised & Rookie bridge sessions.
- We run Intermediate Lessons & Development Workshops for improving players;
- We run Supervised play sessions for new (just completed beginners or newly started) members who need active support from our teacher/Directors;
- We run Rookie (<35 MP) sessions for progressing new players, with regular talks on bridge (bidding, play, systems etc)
- We run Restricted (<300 MP) sessions to enable player development without exposure to strong OPEN competitive players.
- We run fully Open play sessions for players of all levels.
- We run Club Championship events (Thursday Nights) where you regularly play against STATE & AUSTRALIAN representative member players.
We aim to give bridge players a good, enjoyable game, catering for all levels of play. A fun and pleasant environment to enjoy the game of bridge.
We are affiliated to the NSWBA ( State Bridge Association ) and the national ABF ( Australian Bridge Federation ) organisations.