Welcome to North Shore bridge club! With around 1900 members we are one of the largest bridge clubs in Australia. The club was formed in early 2007 through a merger of 3 Sydney clubs: Lindfield, Willoughby and Cove bridge clubs. In 2015 we merged with the Gordon Bridge Club running sessions at East Lindfield.
Here you can find a wealth of information about our club, including its facilities, members, history etc. Feel free to browse and comment, and, most importantly, why not visit us in person and or online, have a game of bridge? You can provide your feedback by sending a message to our club's Manager via the contact form.
The club is NOT privately owned or run for profit. It is run by a F2F bridge manager, an Online Bridge Manager and an annually elected honorary committee, which is assisted by sub committees and volunteer helpers in various capacities. Our committee members are always available for additional information and our fine team of over 20 directors and 5 teachers offer a comprehensive programme for all standards of play. This includes courses of lessons for beginners, supervised play, back to basics and workshop courses throughout the year. Naturally we have straight duplicate sessions (most mornings and afternoons, and several at night), a Championship night, congresses, social bridge and fun events, prize money and trophies, and our main event of the year - previously our Super Congress (3 days) and a full week Bridge Festival. ABF Master points are allocated for nearly all sessions.
We currently run daily bridge sessions online on the RealBridge platform. Club Willoughby has been abandoned as a bridge venue since March 2020, due to its imminent re-development, the covid pandemic and consequent restrictions on gathering in numbers. The Willis Recreation and Sports Centre has now replaced it as a venue. East Lindfield (EL) has reopened to limited F2F sessions since December 2020.
- We currently run structured Beginners Lessons at the EL Venue (6 week duration) as well as online; repeated several times each year. These lead new players into our Supervised and Rookie bridge sessions.
- We run Intermediate Lessons and Development Workshops for improving players online;
- We run Supervised play sessions for new (just completed beginners or newly started) members who need active support from our teacher/Directors;
- We run Rookie (<100 MP) sessions for progressing new players, with regular talks on bridge (bidding, play, systems etc)
- We run Restricted (<300 MP) sessions to enable player development without exposure to strong OPEN competitive players.
- We run fully Open play sessions for players of all levels.
- We run Club Championship events (Thursday Nights) where you regularly play against STATE and AUSTRALIAN representative member players.
We aim to give bridge players a good, enjoyable game, catering for all levels of play. A fun and pleasant environment to enjoy the game of bridge.
We are affiliated to the NSWBA ( State Bridge Association ) and the national ABF ( Australian Bridge Federation ) organisations.