Welcome to North Shore Bridge Club! With around 1600 members we are the largest bridge club in Australia. The club was formed in early 2007 through a merger of 3 Sydney clubs: Lindfield, Willoughby, and Cove Bridge clubs. In 2015 we merged with the Gordon Bridge Club running sessions at East Lindfield.
The club is an "Incorporated Association" - it is NOT privately owned or run for profit. It is run by a Club Manager, an Online Bridge Manager, and an annually elected honorary committee, which is assisted by sub-committees and volunteer helpers in various capacities. Our committee members are always available for additional information and our fine team of over 20 directors and 5 teachers offers a comprehensive program for all standards of play. This includes courses of lessons for beginners, supervised play, back-to-basics, and workshop courses throughout the year. We have straight duplicate sessions (most mornings and afternoons, and several at night), a Championship night, congresses, social bridge, and fun events, prize money and trophies, and our main event of the year - previously our Super Congress (3 days) and a full week Bridge Festival. ABF Master points are allocated for nearly all sessions.
We currently run daily bridge sessions online on the RealBridge platform. Club Willoughby has been abandoned as a bridge venue since March 2020, due to its imminent re-development, the covid pandemic and consequent restrictions on gathering in numbers. The Willis Recreation and Sports Centre has now replaced it as a venue.
- We currently run structured Beginners Lessons at the East Lindfield Venue (6-week duration) as well as an online on demand course; repeated several times each year. These lead new players into our Supervised and Rookie bridge sessions.
- We run Intermediate Lessons and Development Workshops for improving players online;
- We run Supervised play sessions for new (just completed beginners or newly started) members who need active support from our teacher/Directors;
- We run Rookie (<100 MP) sessions for progressing new players, with regular talks on bridge (bidding, play, systems etc)
- We run Restricted (<300 MP) sessions to enable player development without exposure to strong OPEN competitive players.
- We run fully Open play sessions for players of all levels.
- We run Club Championship events (Thursday Nights) where you regularly play against STATE and AUSTRALIAN representative member players.
We aim to give bridge players a good, enjoyable game, catering for all levels of play. A fun and pleasant environment to enjoy the wonderful game that is bridge.
We are affiliated to the NSWBA (State Bridge Association) and the national ABF (Australian Bridge Federation).